Change is anything new and or different from what we know! Based upon this definition, change is a constant experience happening literally hundreds of times a day in our lives. Regardless of whether change is externally-imposed or self selected, the associated disorientation which occurs with "what is new" potentially becomes a significant hindrance to individual and organizational productivity.
The skill in successfully anticipating and leading change both tactically and emotionally is a business imperative for all leaders. As "change agents", leaders hold the responsibility for monitoring and managing the activities and information that enable employees, customers and other stakeholders to adapt to and embrace change. While change initiatives usually focus on the project management change tactics, the critical emotional and mental processes are overlooked.
LPMC introduces the research and proven sequential processes that best facilitates the emotional transitions accompanying any change. A comprehensive Managers Guide provides the tools and skills to assist people in working through the dynamics of change. Although we cannot predict the speed with which individuals adapt to change, we can accelerate the process by applying the knowledge of The Change Cycle, ultimately decreasing time and productivity loss.
Who should attend: Management and leadership personnel at any level of the organization who must implement and manage change within their organization will benefit greatly from this workshop. Additionally, this workshop will train any individual whose role includes introducing new processes, procedures, products or services to be more effective in their job.
How you will benefit:
- Learn the cognitive and emotional processes individuals go through as they encounter new and changing situations
- Learn and apply the six stages of The Change Cycle and how they predict change response at the mental, emotional and behavioral level
- Identify the "real issue" vs. the "presenting issue" in any change
- Differentiate between proactive and reactive change situations and the best skills to use for successful change management
- Develop successful change skills and processes to enable oneself to successfully adapt to change and then apply these skills
- Preview a video case study on change prior to attendance
- Learn about becoming "change resilient"
- Come prepared to work on two changes you are currently involved in
- Pinpointing the "real change" vs. "presenting change"
- Manage "change orbits" and the volume of change
- Apply the Change Cycle as a tool in successfully identifying and addressing where people are in the change process and guide appropriate efforts to encourage change adoption
- Develop successful change skills for oneself as a change initiator
- Learn the "Do's and Don'ts" for successfully leading Change
- Anticipate, plan and execute a Change announcement and follow-on strategy
- Receive one-on-one coaching from an SSCA Change Cycle expert
>View the Workshop Calendar